A HECK of alot has happened over the past year, including some huge milestones. I went to one of my OLD blogs and dug this up.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Graduated from college, got married, played a scratch card, moved to the midwest, and other things that aren’t coming to mind at the moment.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn’t make any last year — I knew I’d be too busy to keep them, and this year I think I’m going to do the thing that most americans do and try to shed the extra weight. Other than that, I’m going to try to hand write a letter every week, take up painting and journaling again.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes!! Beckie and Josh had Joan!
4. Did anyone close to you die? Hmmm… Not that I can think of.
5. What countries did you visit? Canada. Europe will be on the list in 2010 though!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A job that doesn’t suck. Meaning one that has benefits and a good paycheck so I don’t have to worry about loans.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory and why? Gotta go with the obvious and say August 1st. I got married!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Graduating from UST.
9. What was your biggest failure? Um… not losing the weight and in fact doing the opposite before my wedding? Still, i looked stunning, if I may say so myself.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Of course. The most recent was a bad flu JP brought home back around Labor Day. That was not fun at all.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Hard one… Netflix subscription?
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Getting married!
13. What song will always remind you of 2009? “When the Deal Goes Down” Bob Dylan.
14. Compared to this time last year, are you:Thinner or fatter? Fatter 😦 But that WILL change!
15. Richer or poorer? Poorer because of paying back loans. Richer in love though.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of? Working out, eating better, writing, talking…
17. What do you wish you’d done less of? LOLCats?
18. Did you fall in love in 2009? I got married, so what do you think? 😉
19. What was your favorite TV program? The Tudors and True Blood
20. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope.
21. What was the best book you read? “Tuesdays with Morrie” Michael Adler
22. What was your greatest musical discovery? The Sting winter album? Oh, and Lady Gaga, but she was everyone’s.
23. What did you want and get? My husband 😀
24. What did you want and not get? A job that I like. Michaels seriously sucks.
25. What did you not want and get? *shrug* No idea. Um, extra poundage?
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 23, and had a birthday party/lingerie party at Chuy’s, then wend out with Bud, Jess and Clint and did shots, followed by reading myself to sleep.
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Getting a job with health benefits.
28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Comfy?
29. What kept you sane? JP, World of Warcraft, Hulu, and cheese… ok, maybe not the last one. But I do love cheese.
30. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I’ve never really ‘fancied’ anyone in that area before, so no one.
30. What political issue stirred you the most? Sarah Palin. I thought she was cute, but now I have NO idea where she thinks she’s going, unless she actually realizes she’s committing political suicide.
31. Who did you miss? Everyone in Houston!
32. Who was the best new person you met? Lots of people here in Indiana. Speaking of which, I need to hurry up because we have a new year’s party involving RPGing to attend!
33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009: Trust.
34. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: How about something goofy? “Wish I could shut my playboy mouth/ How’d I turn my shirt inside out? Inside out babe/ Control your poison babe
Roses with thorns they say/ And we’re all gettin’ hosed tonight/ What’s go-ing out on the floor? / I love this record baby, but I can’t see straight anymore/Keep it cool what’s the name of this club?/I can’t remember but it’s alright, alright.” Just dance, Lady Gaga
Ok, now its time to go eat tacos, play my socialite vampire self, and drink bourbon slush!!
See you in 2010.