In honor of March 3.14 being this Sunday I’ve decided to list my five favorite pies! Especially since I won’t be able to celebrate in Houston at the House of Pies with Cat this year!
- Pecan — gotta love it if you’ve ever lived in the South!
- Lemon Meringue — Oh, how I adore thee!
- Dutch Apple — especially when oatmeal is mixed in the top crumble layer, and its even more perfect with Blue Bell’s Homemade Vanilla ice cream.
- Blackberry — there’s a stand here in Lafayette that makes WONDERFUL pies, and the blackberry we got last September was to DIE for.
- Key Lime — another Southern favorite!
And there’s actually a contender for sixth place this week — Sara Lee makes an awesome tiny cherry pie that can be made in the microwave which is awesome in a pinch… hmm… I may actually have to get one of those for Sunday…