Its that time of the year again!! Time to walk down memory lane for this year:
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Moved to europe!!! and opened an etsy shop (which will be back when I get back state-side), got a speeding ticked (damn you IL state troopers! those trucks were going faster than me!!!)
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Haha, I only kept a handful, and I think that I’ll just let the year play out this time 😉
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Friends had LOTS of babies, throughout the entire year 😀 (I love drooling/looking at the facebook pictures!!) And it looks like there will be more to come in 2011 😀
4. Did anyone close to you die? My Nonnie, the end of September. Talk about bad timing with the move too. Then again, I don’t know if you can really say that there is a ‘good’ time for it.
5. What countries did you visit? Canada, Germany(duh)… Next year the list will be longer!
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? A full time job in my field and a kickass GRE score!
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory and why? The night dad called about Nonnie. Aaand the walk from the Chicago Field Museum to Navy Pier… Never. Again. Or rather, never again in brand new chucks that need to be broken in!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting a full time job (which I had to say goodbye to! I miss GSCI!)
9. What was your biggest failure? Oh there were bunches of little ones, so I’m totally not going to list them here!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Colds and food poisoning! Yikes!! (since we’ve moved to Germany I’ve had the latter at LEAST a dozen times!)
11. What was the best thing you bought? The new computer after BOTH of our old ones died within a week!
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Moving to Germany!! Though, it was really really scary too!
13. What song will always remind you of 2010? Reeperbahn by Tom Waits (just because I get a giggle and blush a little when we’ve gone down there!)
14. Compared to this time last year, are you:Thinner or fatter? Thinner! Gotta love how we walk everywhere now 😉 The only problem is that I’m going to need new jeans soonish…
15. Richer or poorer? I’m married to a grad student and currently working as a nanny… what do you think? 😉
16. What do you wish you’d done more of? Write letters, read, all the usual suspects.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of? Goofed around with silly things.
18. Did you fall in love in 2010? I would say so, because I fall in love with my husband more and more everyday.
19. What was your favorite TV program? The Tudors/True Blood/netflix!
20. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Not that I can think of. Hating takes *so* much energy!
21. What was the best book you read? Its a mashup of Eisenhorn and Boneshaker — not sure which I liked more. Worst book? Whatever that one was called I read by Jane Austin… sorry if you’re a fan, I keep *trying* to like her, but in the end I never do!
22. What was your greatest musical discovery? Nothin really strikes me this year.
23. What did you want and get? New computer 😉
24. What did you want and not get? Sanity! Oh, and WoW Cataclysm… but I’ll get that NEXT year for sure!
25. What did you not want and get? Food poisoning!
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Turned 24, went to dinner with a bunch of friends, and then went back home to play a drunken game of Munchkin!
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not forgetting the registration dates for the GRE.
28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Comfy, as usual.
29. What kept you sane? John Paul, my friends, and LARGE amounts of chocolate.
30. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Like I said last year, I don’t ‘fancy’ those type of people. I do think it would be interesting to have dinner with someone like Tom Waits or David Tennant though.
30. What political issue stirred you the most? Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell — the whole thing is COMPLICATED!
31. Who did you miss? Everyone back state-side, and SALLY!!!
32. Who was the best new person you met? The Munchkins! They crack me up!
33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: Crying it out is better than holding back every time.
34. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“…the apple’s gone but there’s always the core
the seeds will sprout up right through the floor
down there in the reeperbahn
down there in the reeperbahn”
— Down the Reeperbahn, Tom Waits
See you in 2011!!