And now that I’ve slept off the long car ride from Texas to Indiana its time for that fun end of the year survey! So here we go:
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? ABB and indiana bat work!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I had to look over my survey from last year, and the answer is I didn’t really make them. As Friday’s post stated, I’m going to try to keep a few this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Of course! I seem to be in that period of life where lots of people are 😉
4. Did anyone close to you die? Does Basil count? If so, then yes.
5. What countries did you visit? I was really lame and didn’t go out of the US this year. That is something that will have to be fixed in 2013…
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? International travel!
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory and why? Hate to say it, but 2012 was kinda lame life-event-wise. I don’t count the presidential election, because well, I found that lame, and the facebook politics SUCK.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Again, nothing too big this year.
9. What was your biggest failure? Being as self-centered as I got at some points.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I got caught on a barbed-wire fence doing field work which caused a MESS worker’s comp-wise since I have to have tetanus only… BUT it really was just a scratch 😛
11. What was the best thing you bought? My netbook! I seriously LOVE this thing 😀 Or maybe my awesome custom Kindle case…. OR my Sasquatch pin up prints… OR JP’s Christmas gifts…. Don’t make me decide!
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about? ABB and IN bat work. Also, anytime I got to go home to see JP!
13. What song will always remind you of 2012? This one is HARD, the best I can figure out is Rawhide theme song since that’s how I felt somedays.
14. Compared to this time last year, are you:Thinner or fatter? Uhhh… fatter… damn you dinners consisting of mashed potatoes during field work :p
15. Richer or poorer? Richer thanks to all the overtime I worked. Though, at the same time poorer since a HUGE chunk went towards student loans… But that also means that my loans are nearly gone! I had wanted to pay them completely off, but plans change, and I’m ok with that.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of? Smiled. Silly as that sounds, I think I need to work on it.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of? Complain or think negatively about people.
18. Did you fall in love in 2012? I think at this point (well until geekling #1 pops out) this is a goofy question, because of course I did. I fall in love with JP more everyday. /endcheeseball
19. What was your favorite TV program? Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, and Iron Chef Redemption (Chef Freitag didn’t win 😦 ).
20. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Happy to say nope! I’ve met people I dislike, and one in particular that I REALLY dislike, but I wouldn’t go so far to say that I hate him…
21. What was the best book you read? I’m going to be lame and say
22. What was your greatest musical discovery? I didn’t really listen to anyone new… JP has had me buying more CDs though, which have included Lyle Lovett, P!NK (her newest), Nora Jones, the Little Willies, and 30 Seconds to Mars (which Ben and Luke got me for Christmas) amound others. Now I need to get these things onto my ipod!
23. What did you want and get? My car!
24. What did you want and not get? More time at home
25. What did you not want and get? The bad: The worker’s comp mess. The good: JP got me a bottle of CHANEL Allure perfume for Christmas as my big gift, and oh my goodness, I love the scent! Can you say best husband ever?
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 26. JP and I had a joint birthday party which was low key, but fun. I also got steak for my birthday dinner 😀
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Can I be a broken record and say international travel? Sure, I traveled this year, a whole 8 months worth of travel with field work, but its NOT the same.
28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Field biologist chic — meaning steel-toe boots, hard hats, goodwill finds and bug spray. Sexy, no?
29. What kept you sane? During field work it was long conversations on the phone with JP, TLC and Food Network as background noise, and mashed potatoes… I think I should have not indulged in the potatoes as much as I did though… my thighs are evidence of that… oops! Maybe I should add eating less potatoes to my list of resolutions.
30. Which celebrity/public figure did you follow the most? I changed the question a bit, since I always get to this and have to explain that I’ve never “fancied” those types. I’ll have to go with Ron Paul since it was an election year.
30. What political issue stirred you the most? How CNN sets up the debates for primaries. It makes me mad that they pick the two who they want to face off and stick them in the middle of the stage. Also, what was with all the fluff content questions? What does that stuff matter?
31. Who did you miss? My family, friends, JP, the munchkins.
32. Who was the best new person you met? Lots of work buddies, and my friend Nic, who I met via craigslist when looking for chairs, and Anna, a new girl in JP’s department. She’s awesome 🙂
33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012: When the steel toe boot begins to hurt its best to replace it to avoid some issues down the line.
34. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: In relation to all the field work this year:
Rollin’, rollin’, rollin’
Though the streams are swollen
Keep them dogies rollin’
Rain and wind and weather
Hell-bent for leather
Wishin’ my gal was by my side.
All the things I’m missin’,
Good vittles, love, and kissin’,
Are waiting at the end of my ride